What made the whole trip was the chance we had to get away to Lake Powell for a few days....kid free! THANKS to Scott's darling mom for watching Jane while we were gone! I was so nervous to leave her but she did so great! Taylor and Keri left their kiddos at home too and it was such a treat to be able to sit and talk for hours with NO interruptions!!!
We had the best time. Lake Powell is truly my favorite place in the world....and being with the fam makes it even better. It's great because we are stuck on a ski boat together....nowhere else to go and we just have the best time. There's something about sleeping out on red rock, under the endless stars....sitting by the fire roasting marshmellows and talking about life.....jumping in the lake countless times a day to cool off.....hiking through the rivers and through slot canyons....reading a book and soaking up the rays with no interuptions.....the food always tastes SO good....bathing in the lake....skiing on glassy water.....and dancing on the boat to Enrique Eglasias!
I haven't laughed so hard in the longest time. Talk about goobers....





I was so nervous to waterski since last summer I failed getting up with my big belly, but it came right back. Heaven.
We got some family pics.....with the WHOLE fam damly. More to come...
We got some family pics.....with the WHOLE fam damly. More to come...
Jane is still not walking but is SO darn close!! She can do it, she's just being a siss. She also weaned herself off nursing while I was in Powell. I was afraid of that happening but one year was my goal. She fell in love with a bottle while I was gone and has never gone back! It's okay though....life is quite convenient in that department now! But I do miss it. She is a champ and I can't believe she's almost a year!
It was such a fun trip but as always, it's SO good to be home. I love our little family.
More pics to come of our triathlon we did and a few more Utah pics! Goodnight for now!
2 comments:
Great photos Teddy! SO jealous of your couple days at Lake Powell, I'm so happy that you guys got to go down - takes on a whole new meaning without kids. I bet you were just relishing in that time with your fam!
Love your hair, it looks great! Your brothers are a riot, so funny. I'm so glad someone got that on camera, hilarious!
my goodness i don't remember the last time i was this jealous - childless at lake powell!! what a dream! and what great photos - thanks - so i could live through them
Post a Comment