Tuesday, March 15, 2011

2 to the 9

Today is Scotty's birthday. Last night when we crawled into bed I excitedly reminded him that it was is birthday tomorrow and he said, "It's a bad one." How come? "Because I'm almost 30." Don't worry babe, live it up for one more year! Plus, it's not like life is over when you're 30. It's only going to get better!

Man I sure lucked out to marry the guy I saw on campus everyday and thought, "It would be a dream come true if that stud ever gave me a chance." I couldn't ask for a more sincere, kind, hard working, forgiving, fun guy to spend my life with.

Thanks for putting up with me Scotty. I know I freak out sometimes over Jane, or a messy house, if you're not home for dinner on time, and when you leave whiskers in the sink. You only calm me down and have more and more patience with me everyday. Life would be so boring without you. As mad as I get in bed sometimes when you attack me with tickling each night, you know that deep down inside I love it. It's just that it's after 9PM and that's when I get grumpy. But you know that.

What an amazing, fun dad you are to sweet Jane. She's already got you wrapped tightly around her finger. It's good for you. I admire so much your love for dentistry (most days), golf, skiing, your young men, oreos and milk, and your passion for so many things. I also love that of all things, you asked for bratwurst, baked beans, and salad for your birthday dinner tonight and gave me specific instructions for the ice cream cake you want from Dairy Queen. You are the coolest.

Love you more than you know big guy. Happy birthday.

1 comment:

Keri Cannon said...

Happy birthday Scotty!!! Love you so much!