Halelujah!!! Scott is finally done with all his finals today! It has been an insane couple of weeks, and I feel like I have been living the single life, but we survived. I say "we" because I have been lonely, and Scott's been doing all the work. Seriously, I've never seen anything like it in my life, all these tests. They had 13 finals. Scott's been waking up at 5Am to study and not getting home till super late at night. Today he had his last two finals and he woke up at 4am to study. It is such a great feeling having him done. It's like I have my husband back. Sorry babe, but you have been pretty "blah" lately..... It's obvious where you're mind has been (as it should be), but now it's time to really focus and celebrate Christmas! Woohoo!!
I've never been so excited to see my family before. I cannot WAIT to go to Utah!!!
Why I'm so excited to go to Utah:
-spending time with my family, family, family, family.... ALL OF THEM!
-to see the little twins that were born right before we moved here but were in the NICU. I'm DYING to hold them and cuddle them up.
-the mountains
-sorry but....Cafe Rio. I'm dying out here!
-frozen yogurt (it's nowhere to be found in Omaha)
-to see my girlfriends
-to have no work, but just relax and make my own schedule
-baking with my mom and playing Xmas music with her on her flute
-skiing at Snowbird
-slurpees
-Temple Square
What I will miss about Omaha:
-sleeping in our California King at night. It truly is wonderful (thank you grandma & grandpa!)
-my daily routine of going to the gym every morning
-my 2nd graders
-seeing our great friends everyday
-our cozy little townhome
-living out of a closet and being organized, not a suitcase!
-walking around in my "you know what's" around the house and not having to worry (is that too bold? Sorry but I think most of you know what I'm talking about!)
-our simple, everyday routine
-our ward
I haven't bought one thing Christmas shopping and ya know what? It doesn't even stress me out. I don't even care about presents this year (I know I say that every year) but in all honesty, spending time with our wonderful families is the greatest gift I could ever, ever ask for. And I already feel that I have the greatest gift of all at this Christmas time and that is the gospel. This season is all about peace and because of Christ and how much He has blessed my life, I feel so much peace. I hope to share that with others this Christmas season.
But this week is going by SO slow! Even with all the Christmas programs at school, the parties, and the excitement of the kids, Friday is slowly, slowly, slowly coming around the corner. T-3 days though and we'll be in Utah! I cannot wait. I cannot wait.
And P.S. If you didn't notice.....the snowflakes got my last post.....it worked.....it snowed like 40 inches at Snowbird over the weekend. Thank you snowflakes, we love you even more now.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
yeah, what the HECK is up with the frozen yogurt barrier? It drives me crazy. I've had enough custard to last me a lifetime.
Hope we get to see you guys...are you going to Tanner's farewell? Come so we can see you!
Post a Comment