Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Surprise! We're in Utah! (Part I)

We went home to Utah while Scott had a break off school and I was inbetween jobs for a couple of weeks. It was a blast! The best part about it, we surprised our families! It was so hard to keep it a secret, but so worth it in the end! For most of our surprises we just casually walked into the house and said "hello" and we got some unforgettable responses! The whole vacation worked out perfectly.

Part I: We got to sneak in an incredible Lake Powell trip with my family (Mom, Monty, and 3 of my brothers Taylor, Joe, and Matthew). I tell ya, that is by far my favorite place to be in the whole world.

Our trip consisted first and foremost of lots of this goodness:
(Joe)
(Scotty)
(Mama)(Tay man)(Tedster)(Our captain, Monty!)

And we even got this big guy up for the 1st time! (With lots of help from his big brother Tay)And Scott represented on the wakeboard, seeing as we are mostly just a skiing family!We got in some great hikes:Great food! Thanks to this cute thing:And awesome fires because of this big guy:Which leads to:Smores anyone?And the best part of all, just doin' whatever you feel like:Even golfing:Or playing some great games of hearts:My favorite picture of the trip:

I'm already dying to get back there. Thanks for an awesome trip!
(More to come on the rest of our trip)........

6 comments:

M said...

i'm sure it was a much needed trip! i honestly wish i was in your family right now :) i need a break badly. i also wish i could've seen your family's faces when you walked in the house...lol! you guys are awesome.

Brittney said...

Haha, I bet that was quite the surprise! I can only imagine the looks you got ;).

Congrats on finishing Ragbrai!!! It looked like SO much fun. I was green with envy reading the post.

Keri Cannon said...

So Sad I couldn't be there! Those are such cute pictures! Can you send me some? Miss you so much!!!

Max said...

Hey cute Teddy, just checking in to see how you guys are doing. Oh man oh man I"m with you on the Lake Powell thing...we haven't been there forever but it's for sure my very favorite trip. Looks like you had so much fun!

Max said...

Ooops, this is really Shawni, not my son, Max.

cbleeflang said...

I agree that Lake Powell is the greatest place ever!