
Well as I'm sitting here on election night, I know this is a very historical time in my life and in many other's lives as well. Barack Obama has been elected as our new president. I admit that I did not vote for him, and there are many, many issues that I disagree with him on. But I am going to put all my faith in him as our next president, respect him, and hope for the best. I know that our nation is going to be okay. This is a scary time, but we are a strong nation and I truly believe that we are going to pull through this slowly but surely. In a way it may be a blessing as our nation has gone so over the top with our spending, not living within our means, and wanting so much more than we really need. I am excited to see what lies ahead for us as a nation and as an economy. I am tired of everyone hating the President of the United States. To me the president is someone who should be treated with respect as he holds probably the most powerful position in the world. This hasn't been the case at all the last few years and it's really saddened me. Not because I like President Bush, but because it's the President of our nation, such a powerful nation. I hope that with President Obama we as a people can pull together and have pride in our country and in our president. What a remarkable time in history. As I watch the TV and see all the African Americans with tears in their eyes, it brings tears to mine. This is probably a moment that they never thought they'd witness in their lifetime. What a neat and remarkable thing that we as a nation have come so far, yet we still have so far to go. I am curious to what lies ahead for our nation, and I hope that it's for the better.
2 comments:
I agree with you completely about the change this country has seen for blacks. What an awesome step for this country to overcome some its sad past problems.
I have a bit of perspective on how the President is viewed outside of the country (my wife's family is pretty good at letting me know their thoughts). Bush is very hated in many countries and they only show his faults. Regarding Obama, people throughout the world are so excited. Anna's brother wrote me this morning and said that he has tons of faith in what Obama can do. I think that Obama's image outside of the United States is very positive and that will hopefully continue to be so the next 4 years. This is an exciting time.
thanks so much for putting that up. i actually DID vote for Obama and you wouldn't believe the crap I've gotten from "friends" and even extended family because of it. For me, I really didn't like any of the candidates, but overall, Obama seemed like he would do a better job as President. Thanks again for posting that.
Post a Comment