Wow it felt good to finally beat the cougars! It has been a heartbreaking last two years playing those guys and we finally got a great ending! Scott and I were so sad that we didn't have tickets to go to the game and it seemed like everybody we knew was going! We went up to help my parents move into their house Saturday morning and Monty handed us 2 tickets on row 6 and the 45 yardline and said "Good thing you came to help us cause if you didn't you wouldn't be getting these tickets!" It was such a surprise, Scott and I couldn't even believe it! We had such a great time and will miss the Utah games badly for the next 3 years. GO UTES!!
Towards the end of the game, everyone was getting ready to rush the field. See everyone standing around it?
Well within seconds it looked like this!
Brian Johnson, Paul Kruger and Coach Wittingham celebrating!
We have a neighbor who is an avid BYU fan and thanks to his wife, we were able to play a great trick on him. We dressed up his two little boys in Utah shirts and took pictures. We blew them up and mounted them on a huge poster that said, "Go Utes" and hung it up high on our building for everyone to see where he couldn't get it down. To get us back, the night before the game he put a a BYU sticker on our back window of our car! It was a good rivalry back and forth. Tonight we took them blue cupcakes to cheer them up since we're sure they're suffering from a great case of the "blues".Way to go Utes!!!!
6 comments:
WAY fun Teddy, this makes me wish I cared a tiny little bit about football. Looks like you guys had a blast...better keep that BYU sticker for a souvenir, it's kind of a status symbol once you cross the mississippi.
How about a picture of the sign? I didn't get to see it. Who is the big fan? Justin? Awesome win for the Utes! What a great game!
How fun!! I didn't go, but Mark kept me updated the entire time!! Bout time BYU got silenced!
Teddy you're so photogenic! I love that red hat you're wearing. Cute, cute, cute, cute!
Yeah that wasn't fun. BYU has disappointed me so badly. I love how much pride Ute fans have, BYU doesn't come close I have to say. I was here in Virginia watching it with a bunch of old men. Man... you know it's not going well when the guys that are in their 60's start talking about their own highschool football plays. That's how desperate I was to watch the game. ha!
I loved your post though, so poetic! I loved the "blues'
I am not a fan of either. But I hate how much BYU gloats and things, so I am glad to know that the Utes won!! I bleed Husker Red, and Husker fans are THE BEST!!! Ask anyone. We have sold out every single game since the 1970's. So you need to become Husker fans as soon as you move to Nebraska, it is pretty much a religion. You think I am kidding, but once you move there, you will truly understand!!! Go HUSKERS!!!
Who was this BYU fan you played tricks on? haha that's awesome!
Service sure pays off better than you think huh?!
Post a Comment