Saturday, November 8, 2008

Help Ladies!

Okay girls so I need your help.....

I'm totally diggin' this whole "jeans tucked into your boots style" but I'm having a hard time. Do I seriously need to buy a pair of skinny jeans just to pull this off? Honestly, I think a whole 1% of our womenly population can actually pull off this look and be flattering in it and I am definitely not in that 1%. But I have two darling pairs of boots that I would love to show off but when I tuck in my jeans they look all bunchy and it's hard to get them down in there. Any tips you guys? I'm seriously considering wrapping rubber bands around the bottom of my jeans or stuffing them in knee socks.

So tell me, how do you guys do it? Is buying a whole new pair of jeans just for that my only option? If so, the "jean in boot" tuck is just not gonna happen. Let me know if there's hope.

10 comments:

Brittney said...

Let me know what ya find out with the jeans and the boots! Also, just read your last post....GOOO Utes!!!

Natalie said...

I know what you mean! I have had the same frustration. I finally caved and bought some skinny jeans but they still bunch a little. Another thing that works is wearing jean capris and tucking them in. No one can even tell that they are not long and then you don't get the huge bunch at your ankles.

Youngins said...

hahaha I love you teddy! You dont need to buy skinny jeans, its ok if it bunches at the top a bit, just get the jean up to your ankle and fold it so its tight on your ankle! thats what i do!

Amanda said...

Sorry Teddy, I think the best option is skinny jeans. Target has really cute ones though for cheap!

abby o said...

oh my teddy, you are a character. I have to say that I am such a fashon wimp (and get NO support from my husband for my efforts) that I mostly just admire other people's cute cloths. I do own a really cute pair of boots though, and my only answer to showing them off is wearing them with a knee length skirt.

Heather said...

Teddy,

You are the most genuine person I know - I cannot do the boot thing unless I'm wearing skinny jeans. It cuts off my circulation if I roll them up like that.

I love just wearing boots with a cute fall skirt. You can still show them off well.

Skinny jeans are every where it seem like - hold out and buy a fun pair from Nordstroms Rack - I don't think I'll ever be able to wear regular jeans again. I just love skinnies! It's totally worth it to buy a pair.

geeno said...

I just had to read all the comments because i have the same problem - what hoot - thanks to everyone for all the tips. target skinny jeans here we come!

Anonymous said...

Hey lady! Just fold your jeans and make sure they aren't just stuffed in... ya know what I mean? Maybe? When I do mine and don't want to wear the skinny jeans, I just make sure to fold my jeans over smoothly, and have the fold in the back so it isn't noticeable.

Jason and Laura said...

Teddy... I love you more now that I've read this post ;) I say this to Jason all the time! NO girls look good in skinny jeans!! Love it!

It was great seeing you guys.

-Laura

Katelin Pridgen said...

Teds- I always rock the socks! But you know me... I'm a nerd. I'm a fool for the J.Crew knee highs. Love them. When wearing just regular jeans, do one fold to the back and pull your socks up over them and wah la! Sometimes I even let my socks peak out the top of my boots. That look is especially cute with wellies. And hey, like we talked about: you CAN find cute skinnies. I've got a major ghetto and I found some good ones. Let's go shopping, girl!