Scott and I have found where we want to live when we get back from dental school. Well, okay so it's tied with Midway, but man it is so beautiful.....Eden up by Pineview Reservoir. We had our ward campout up there this weekend and it was so gorgeous. We have the best ward ever. We love everyone so much. Everyone is from all different walks of life, and it's so great that we can all get together and have so much fun. I loved so much sitting around the campfire just talking for hours and learning so much about people I hardly knew at all. We headed up on Friday night and stayed till Saturday. It was FREEZING! It rained on and off the whole time, and we were all bundled up and fighting for a seat by the fire! The first night we got there we took the boat out. It was so frigid and everyone thought we were crazy. It was great that we didn't have to fight for a spot on the boat because instead everyone else was like, "Not it"! So 7 of us went out and we had a blast! The water was absolutely freezing and it took your breath away. But all 7 of us got out and skied or wakeboarded and it was so worth it. It was probably the best run I'll get all summer in that it was pure glass. It was one of those moments where you are just happy to be alive. It was fabulous. We had some great laughs, we just couldn't get over that we were boating and we were all bundled up in parkas. I'll never forget it.The next day we did a fear factor thing. Every couple was a team. We started out with a tug-of-war and if you beat the other couple you got to move on. So we moved on to the grape toss, and how ever many you didn't catch out of 5, you had to eat tablespoons of butter! Disgusting! So we got 3 out of 5 grapes and Scott ate 2 tbsp's of butter. I was gagging watching him. (I'll show the picture below) Since Scott got us through to the next round, I had to eat a jar of baby food. And not the fruit kind you guys, it was turkey and rice dinner. You had to eat it through a straw. Just typing this is making me gag. I filled my mouth up and then swallowed. As soon as I swallowed, I regurgitated it right back up. It was THE nastiest thing I have ever eaten. So we were out. Poor Scott had to eat all that butter and I blew it. It was awful.
So it was a great weekend. The best part was just the opportunity to get away for the weekend because this summer so far has been so dang crazy. I can't wait to get up there again, and maybe one day find ourselves a little house up there by the lake. Now that would be a dream come true.
Scott hadn't even gotten in the water yet! Here we go!

Woohooo Scotty! Pretty awesome for just learning how to ski last year!
Me living the life!
Whooosh! It's cold in here! Time to get out and get warm. Wait, it's freezing outside too!
Me, Cori and Lissy trying to stay warm!
Hangin' in there!
The brave crew! We survived you guys! Time to go get warm by the fire!
K so this is Scott trying to get that butter down! Isn't that face classic! Way to go babe, you were so brave! Sorry I failed you!
6 comments:
That sounds like so much fun! I can't believe that you guys got in the water though, crazy!
I don't blame you for not getting that baby food down, who ever says it is chicken and rice hasn't tasted real chicken and rice.
Too bad we had to leave early--sounds like we missed out on a lot of fun! We did that same Fear Factor thing probably three years ago and I couldn't gag the baby food down either. That first picture of you guys is so pretty!
So fun Teddy. I hate that I feel so far away from you guys. We need to get together. I have to tell you that Brock and I spent a weekend up in Eden and loved it as well. I also had an emergency dental problem and there was only one dentist in Eden. She was awesome. I think you guys would do fabulous there - keep the dream alive. Love you guys.
Hey, we'll be your nextdoor neighbors then! lol...you're so lucky you got to wakeboard! hopefully we'll get out this weekend. looks like so much fun you guys! and that sounds like such an awesome ward activity!
I think your a sissy for not keeping the small jar of baby food down! You heard me A BIG sissy.
you two are the cutest couple ever. I love your excitement for life. That camping trip sounds pretty fun, despite the cold. I can't believe you guys waterskied! We went on our own camping trip last week...with 11 kids...a little different from yours, but camping is great whatever way you look at it, right?
Post a Comment